19 June 2021

hsk 6 lesson 5 with pinyin and English translation

Lesson 5   学一门外语需要理由吗
Do we need a reason to learn a foreign
language

Xué yī mén wàiyǔ xūyào lǐyóu ma

学一门外语需要理由吗

Do we need a reason to learn a foreign

language


Wǒ xiǎng xué yī mén wàiyǔ, 

我想学一门外语,

I want to learn a foreign language, 


pòbùjídài de xiǎng bù zài yīkào fānyì, 

迫不及待地想不再依靠翻译,

and I can’t wait to stop relying on translations 


dúzì yuèdú yuánwén, 

独自阅读原文,

and read the original text by myself, 


nǎpà shì jièzhù zìdiǎn miǎnqiáng cháyuè ne.

哪怕是借助字典勉强查阅呢。

even with the help of a dictionary.


Wǒ hěn kuài zhǎodàole yījiā yǔyán xuéxí jīgòu, 

我很快找到了一家语言学习机构,。

I quickly found a language learning institution 


tā zài lí wǒjiā bù yuǎn de yī dòng bàngōng lóu shàng.

它在离我家不远的一栋办公楼上

in an office building not far from my home.


Zhè tiān wǒ xìngzhì bóbó de zhuānchéng qián qù zīxún.

这天我兴致勃勃地专程前去咨询。

This day, I made a special trip for consultation with great interest.


Jìnle mén, 

进了门,

Entering the door, 


yī wèi hěn yǒu xiūyǎng de nǚshì yíng shànglái, 

一位很有修养的女士迎上来,

a very well-trained lady greeted me. 


wǒ yǐwéi jiāole xuéfèi 

我以为交了学费

I thought that after paying the tuition fee, 


jiù néng kāishǐ kuàilè ér měihǎo de xuéxíle, 

就能开始快乐而美好的学习了,

I could start studying happily and beautifully. 


bùliào shǒuxiān miàn duì de shì tā jiēlián bùduàn de fǎ wèn:

不料首先面对的是她接连不断的发问:

Unexpectedly, the first thing I faced was her continuous questioning: 


“Wèishéme yào xué wàiyǔ? 

“为什么要学外语?

"Why do you want to learn a foreign language? 


Zuìjìn yǒu chūguó jìhuà ma? 

最近有出国计划吗?

Are there any plans to go abroad recently? 


Zhíyè shì shénme?” 

职业是什么?”

What is the occupation?"


“Zhè hěn zhòngyào ma?” 

“这很重要吗?”

"Is this important?" 


Shuō shízài de, 

说实在的,

To be honest, 


tā de wèntí shèjíle wǒ de yǐnsī, 

她的问题涉及了我的隐私,

her questions involved my privacy. 


wǒ hěn fǎngǎn, 

我很反感,

I was disgusted 


huà yě biànde huǒyàowèi shízú.

话也变得火药味十足。

and her words became full of gunpowder.


Tā jílì rěnnàizhe,

她极力忍耐着,

She tried to endure, 


“shì zhèyàng, wǒ bìxū liǎojiě xuéyuán, 

“是这样,我必须了解学员,

"Well, I have to get to know the students, 


wéi xuéyuán zhuóxiǎng, 

为学员着想,

for the sake of the students, 


bāng tā cèhuà xuéxí fāng'àn, 

帮他策划学习方案,

to help him plan his study program, 


yǐ dáchéng tā de mùbiāo.”

以达成他的目标。”

to achieve his goals.


Wǒ nǔlì shǐ zìjǐ de kǒuqì huǎnhé xiàlái:

我努力使自己的口气缓和下来:

I tried to ease my tone: 


“Wǒ méishénme jùtǐ mùbiāo.

“我没什么具体目标。

"I don't have any specific goals.


Jiùshì zhǎo yīgè bān chābān tīngkè, 

就是找一个班插班听课,

Just find a class to join the class 


suíyì xué xué éryǐ.”

随意学学而已。” 

and learn at will. "


“Kěshì, 

“可是,

"However, 


wǒmen de bān dōu shì gēnjù xuéyuán de jùtǐ qíngkuàng shèzhì de, 

我们的班都是根据学员的具体情况设置的,

our classes are set up according to the students' specific conditions. 


rúguǒ nín méiyǒu jùtǐ mùbiāo, 

如果您没有具体目标,

If you don't have specific goals,


shì xué bù hǎo yī zhǒng yǔyán de.”

是学不好一种语言的。”

 you won't be able to learn a language well."


Méiyǒu mùbiāo jiù quēfá dònglì, 

没有目标就缺乏动力,

Without a goal, there is a lack of motivation. 


zhè dàolǐ wǒ gùrán dǒng, 

这道理我固然懂,

I certainly understand the truth, 


kěshì, wǒ díquè shuō bu chū tā suǒ shuō de mùbiāo.

可是,我的确说不出她所说的目标。

but I really can't say what she said about the goal.


Wǒ shuō wǒ huíqù xiǎng xiǎng.

我说我回去想想。

I said I'll go back and think about it.


“Nín děng yīxià.”

“您等一下。”

"You wait a minute."


Tā xùnsù chūmén, 

她迅速出门,

She went out quickly, 


shùnjiān huàn láile yī wèi nánshì.

瞬间换来了一位男士。

and instantly got a man in exchange.


“Nín xué zhè mén yǔyán shì wèile····” 

“您学这门语言是为了····”

"You learn this language for..." 


Tā tàidù hé'ǎi, 

他态度和蔼,

He was kind, 


zhēnchéng kěnqiè, 

真诚恳切,

sincere and earnest,


wǒ bèi dǎdòngle, gēn tā tāotāo bù jué qǐlái: 

我被打动了,跟他滔滔不绝起来:

I was moved and start talking with him endlessly: 


“Wǒ xǐhuan zhège guójiā de wénhuà, 

“我喜欢这个国家的文化,

"I like the culture of this country. 


xuéxí yǔyán wúfēi shì wèile kàn yuánwén diànyǐng.

学习语言无非是为了看原文电影。

Learning the language is nothing more than watching original movies.  


Dú wénxué zuòpǐn···" 

读文学作品···" 

Reading literature..." 


“Míngbáile. 

“明白了。

"Understood.  


Bùxiǎng tōngguò fānyì, zhíjiē jìnrù yuánwén de shìjiè?”

不想通过翻译,直接进入原文的世界?”

Don't want to enter the world of the original text directly through translation?  "


“Duì!” Wǒ huāntiānxǐdì, zhōngyú pèng shàngle zhīyīn.

“对!” 我欢天喜地,终于碰上了知音。

"Yes!" I was delighted and finally ran into a soulmate.


“Wǒ pèng dàoguò nín zhèyàng de kèhù, 

“我碰到过您这样的客户,

"I have met customers like you, 


kěshì, guāng píng xìngqù, kǒngpà nányǐ chíjiǔ.”

可是,光凭兴趣,恐怕难以持久。”

but interest alone may not last."


Wǒ dùnshí bēngkuìle, 

我顿时崩溃了,

I suddenly broke down, 


zěnme shuōzhe shuōzhe yòu rào huíláile.

怎么说着说着又绕回来了。

how to say and then around back.


Wǒ guǒduàn de zhàn qǐlái, 

我果断地站起来,

I stood up decisively, 


zhǎndīngjiétiě de biǎomíng yào zǒu.

斩钉截铁地表明要走。

and made a determined signal that I was leaving.


Huí jiā hòu, 

回家后,

After returning home, 


wǒ bùsǐ xīn, 

我不死心,

I didn't give up 


kāishǐ zài wǎngshàng zhǎo zàixiàn xuéxí.

开始在网上找在线学习。

and started looking for online learning on the Internet.


Hòulái fāxiàn yǒu yījiā, hái zhēn bùcuò, 

后来发现有一家,还真不错,

Later, I found out that there was one that was really good. 


cóng jīchǔ jiào qǐ, 

从基础教起,

Starting from the basic teaching, 


měi gè jùzi de yǔfǎ dōu xiángxì jiǎngjiě, 

每个句子的语法都详细讲解,

the grammar of each sentence was explained in detail, 


bù liú sǐjiǎo, 

不留死角,

leaving no dead ends, 


hé wǒ de sīwéi hěn dā.

和我的思维很搭。

and it matched my thinking.


Gèng zhòngyào de shì 

更重要的是

More importantly, 


xīnlǐ shūfú-méiyǒu rén yìng bī wǒ zhíxíng xuéxí jìhuà, 

心里舒服-没有人硬逼我执行学习计划,

I feel comfortable-no one forces me to implement the study plan, 


yě méi rén wèn wǒ wèi shà yào xué tā, 

也没人问我为啥要学它,

and no one asks me why I want to learn it, 


yǐjí wǒ de dānwèi, shēnfèn, bāokuò xīnshuǐ 

以及我的单位、身份,包括薪水

as well as my organization, identity, and salary. 


wǒ jiùshì gè yǔyán xuéxí zhě, 

我就是个语言学习者,

I am a language learner. 


nǐ guǎn wǒ zhèxiē gànma?

你管我这些干吗?

What do you care about me?


Wǒ de xuéxí fāngshì juéduì duì xuéxí xiàoguǒ yǒulì, 

我的学习方式绝对对学习效果有利,

My learning method is definitely beneficial to the learning effect, 


dāngrán bìduān yě bù shǎo: 

当然弊端也不少:

and of course there are many disadvantages: 


Yǒulì de fāngmiàn rúshàng suǒ shuō, 

有利的方面如上所说,

the advantage is as mentioned above, 


bìduān zàiyú gāoxìngle pīnmìng xué--zhènzi, 

弊端在于高兴了拼命学--阵子,

the disadvantage is that I am happy to study hard-for a while, 


bù gāoxìngle jiù gē zài yībiān.

不高兴了就搁在一边。

I will put it aside when I am upset.


Yǒushí hái qiánhòu diāndǎo, 

有时还前后颠倒,

Sometimes it turns back and forth, 


yīnwèi hòumiàn nà kè de huàtí tài yòuhuò wǒle.

因为后面那课的话题太诱惑我了。

because the topic of the next lesson is too tempting to me.


Dànshì, lìbì quánhéng, 

但是,利弊权衡,

However, the advantages and disadvantages are weighed, 


lì háishì dàyú bì.

利还是大于弊。

and the advantages still outweigh the disadvantages.


Yīnwèi wǒ zǒng néng zài wàngwǒ de kuàilè zhōng, jīnjīnyǒuwèi de xiǎngshòu xuéxí.

因为我总能在忘我的快乐中,津津有味地享受学习。

Because I can always enjoy learning with relish in the joy of selflessness.


Gǎibiān zì “běijīng qīngnián bào” tóngmíng wénzhāng, zuòzhě: Sūnxiǎoníng

改编自《北京青年报》同名文章,作者:孙小宁

Adapted from the article of the same name in "Beijing Youth Daily", author: Sun Xiaoning

Full Translation:

Do we need a reason to learn a foreign
language

I want to learn a foreign language, and I can’t wait to stop relying on translations and read the original text by myself, even with the help of a dictionary. I quickly found a language learning institution in an office building not far from my home. 

This day, I made a special trip for consultation with great interest. Entering the door, a very well-trained lady greeted me. I thought that after paying the tuition fee, I could start studying happily and beautifully. Unexpectedly, the first thing I faced was her continuous questioning: "Why do you want to learn a foreign language? Are there any plans to go abroad recently? What is the occupation?" "Is this important?" To be honest, her questions involved my privacy. I was disgusted and her words became full of gunpowder.

She tried her best to endure, "That's right, I must understand the student, consider the student, and help him plan a study plan to achieve his goal." I tried to ease my tone: "I don't have any specific goals. Just find a class to join the class and learn at will."

"However, our classes are set up according to the students' specific conditions. If you don't have specific goals, you won't be able to learn a language well." Without a goal, there is a lack of motivation. I certainly understand the truth, but I really can't say what she said about the goal. I said I'll go back and think about it. "You wait a minute."

She went out quickly, and instantly got a man in exchange. "You learn this language for..." 

He was kind, sincere and earnest, I was moved and start talking with him endlessly: "I like the culture of this country. Learning the language is nothing more than watching original movies.  Reading literature..." 

"Understood.  Don't want to enter the world of the original text directly through translation?  " 

"Yes!" I was happily and finally ran into a soulmate. "I have met customers like you, but interest alone may not last." I suddenly broke down, how to say and then around back. I stood up decisively, and made a determined signal that I was leaving.

After returning home, I didn't give up and started looking for online learning on the Internet. Later, I found out that there was one that was really good. Starting from the basic teaching, the grammar of each sentence was explained in detail, leaving no dead ends, and it matched my thinking. More importantly, I feel comfortable-no one forces me to implement the study plan, and no one asks me why I want to learn it, as well as my organization, identity, and salary. I am a language learner. What do you care about me?

My learning method is definitely beneficial to the learning effect, and of course there are many disadvantages: the advantage is as mentioned above, the disadvantage is that I am happy to study hard-for a while, I will put it aside when I am upset. Sometimes it turns back and forth, because the topic of the next lesson is too tempting to me. However, the advantages and disadvantages are weighed, and the advantages still outweigh the disadvantages. Because I can always enjoy learning with relish in the joy of selflessness.

HSK 6 lesson 5 audio with pinyin and English translation 👇



#hsk6 #hsk6上  #hsk6StandardCourseTextbook  #hsk6TextBook #hsk6Lesson5


No comments:

Post a Comment

hsk 5 上 lesson 1 with pinyin and English translation

Lesson 1   爱的细节  Details of Love ài de xìjié  爱的细节 Details of love