19 June 2021

hsk 6 lesson 9 with pinyin and English translation

Lesson 9   不用手机的日子   

A day without a cell phone

Bùyòng shǒujī de rìzi

不用手机的日子

A day without a cell phone


Kāihuì shí lǎobǎn huǒle:

开会时老板火了:

The boss got angry during the meeting: 


“Bié jiǎzhuāng zhèngjīng, 

“别假装正经,

"Don't pretend to be serious, 


wǒ zhīdao nǐmen dōu zài wánr shǒujī, 

我知道你们都在玩儿手机,

I know you are all playing with mobile phones, 


nà wányìr jiù nàme hǎowánr?”

那玩意儿就那么好玩儿?”

is that stuff so fun?"


Lǎobǎn zhǐzhe wǒ:

老板指着我:

The boss pointed at me: 


“Nǐ shuō shuō, kànle shénme?

“你说说,看了什么?

"Tell me, what did you watch?


Bǐ wǒ shuōhuà hái yǒuyìsi?”

比我说话还有意思?”

It's more interesting than what I said?"


Wǒ liǎn biē de tōnghóng, shuō: 

我脸憋得通红,说:

My face flushed, and said, 


“Yī duì niánqīng rén biān kāichē biān ná shǒujī pāizhào, 

“一对年轻人边开车边拿手机拍照,

"A young couple took a photo with their mobile phone while driving. 


bǎ qiáo zhuàng huàile, 

把桥撞坏了,

they crashed the bridge. 


méi bàojǐng, 

没报警,

they didn't call the police,


xiān xià chē pāizhào fā wēixìn. 

先下车拍照发微信。

they got out of the car and took pictures and sent WeChat. 


Yào bùyào zhuǎnfā gěi nín?”

要不要转发给您?”

Would you like to forward it to you?"


Lǎobǎn yī bǎishǒu:

老板一摆手:

The boss waved his hand: 


“Nǐmen ya, dōu ràng shǒujī gěi bǎngjiàle, 

“你们呀,都让手机给绑架了,

"You guys have all been kidnapped by mobile phones, 


zhème guòrìzi, bù shòuzuì ma?”

这么过日子,不受罪吗?”

Do you live like this without being guilty?"


Yī tóngshì jǔ shǒu:

一同事举手:

A colleague raised his hand: 


“Lǎobǎn, gāng sōusuǒle yīxià, 

“老板,刚搜索了一下,

"Boss, I just searched it. 


lì bù kāi shǒujī yěshì yī zhǒng jīngshénbìng.”

离不开手机也是一种精神病。”

It's a mental illness to be inseparable from a mobile phone."


Lǎobǎn dà hǒu:

老板大吼:

The boss yelled: 


“Yǒu bìng jiù dé zhì!” 

“有病就得治!

"If you are sick, you have to be treated!" 


Suíhòu hēizhe liǎn rēng xià yījù huà:

”随后黑着脸扔下一句话:

Then he threw a sentence with a black face: 


“Yǐhòu kāihuì shéi dōu bùxǔ dài shǒujī!” 

“以后开会谁都不许带手机!

"No one is allowed to bring a mobile phone to the meeting!" 


Lǎobǎn shuō de méi cuò, 

”老板说的没错,

The boss was right, 


tèbié shì yǒule zhìnéng shǒujī, wǒ jiù chéngle shǒujī de núlì, 

特别是有了智能手机,我就成了手机的奴隶,

especially when I have a smart phone, I became a slave to the phone,


duì shénme dōu mámùle, 

对什么都麻木了,

I'm numb to everything, 


xīnlǐ zhǐyǒu shǒujī: 

心里只有手机:

I only have my mobile phone in my mind: 


Sān fēnzhōng kàn yīcì xīnwén; 

三分钟看一次新闻;

reading the news once in three minutes; 


shí fēnzhōng fā yīcì wēixìn; 

十分钟发一次微信;

sending on WeChat once in ten minutes; 


chīfàn qián xiān pāizhào; 

吃饭前先拍照;

taking pictures before eating; 


lángtūnhǔyàn chī wán, 

狼吞虎咽吃完,

gobble up and eat, 


yòu máitóu kàn wēixìn; 

又埋头看微信;

and then read WeChat; 


shuìjiào zhīqián xiān gěi shǒujī chōngdiàn······

睡觉之前先给手机充电······

charging the phone before going to bed······  


bǎ shǒujī tā lǎorénjiā cìhòu de hǎohǎo de.

把手机它老人家伺候得好好的。

The old man takes care of his mobile phone well.


Yǒu yīcì āmáo duì wǒ shuō:

有一次阿毛对我说:

Once Amao said to me: 


“Wǒ gēn nǐ shuōhuà ne, nǐ gànma lǎo kàn shǒujī?”

“我跟你说话呢,你干吗老看手机?”

"I'm talking to you, why do you always look at your phone?"


Wǒ chōng tā zhǎ zhǎyǎn, shuō:

我冲他眨眨眼,说:

I blinked at him and said, 


“Nà nǐ yě ná chū shǒujī, 

“那你也拿出手机,

"Then you take out your phone, 


zánmen shǒujī shàng liáo ba, 

咱们手机上聊吧,

let's talk on the phone, 


bǎozhèng bù fēn xīn!” 

保证不分心!”

and make sure you don't get distracted!" 


Líkāile shǒujī, nándào huì sǐ ma?

离开了手机,难道会死吗?

Will you die if you leave the phone?


Hébù chángshì yīxià yīzhōu guānjī yītiān? 

何不尝试一下一周关机一天?

Why not try to shut down one day a week?  


Shuō gàn jiù gàn, suǒxìng zhè lǐbài jiù kāishǐ.

说干就干,索性这礼拜就开始。

Just do it, just start this week.


Zhōu rì, wǒ àn xiǎoxuéshēng de zuòxí shíjiān qī diǎn qǐchuáng, 

周日,我按小学生的作息时间七点起床,

On Sunday, I wake up at 7 o'clock according to the schedule of elementary school students. 


zhīhòu, xiān zhuóshǒu ānzhì wǒ de shǒujī.

之后,先着手安置我的手机。

After that, I set up my mobile phone first.


Wèile fángzhǐ zìjǐ yìzhì bóruò, 

为了防止自己意志薄弱,

In order to prevent my weakness, 


wǒ zhǎo lái gè jīngzhì de hézi, 

我找来个精致的盒子,

I found a delicate box, 


bǎ shǒujī céng céng bāo hǎo, 

把手机层层包好,

wrapped the phone layer by layer, 


zhuāngzhòng dì fàng zài hézi lǐ, 

庄重地放在盒子里,

and placed it solemnly in the box, 


shōu dào yīguì zuì lǐmiàn.

收到衣柜最里面。

and kept it at the innermost part of the wardrobe.


Wèile fēnsàn zhùyì lì,  

为了分散注意力,

In order to distract, 


wǒ juédìng qù gōngyuán duànliàn wǒ nà jiāngyìng de sìzhī,

我决定去公园锻炼我那僵硬的四肢,

I decided to go to the park to exercise my stiff limbs, 


yīnwèi mí shàng zhìnéng shǒujī yǐhòu, wǒ yǐjīng hǎojiǔ bù duànliànle.

因为迷上智能手机以后,我已经好久不锻炼了。

because I have not exercised for a long time since I became addicted to the smartphone.


Gōngyuán lǐ chàng de tiào de dōu yǒu.

公园里唱的跳的都有。

There are all singing and dancing in the park.


Tiàowǔ shì wǒ de tècháng, 

跳舞是我的特长,

Dancing is my specialty. 


wǒ xìnggāocǎiliè de tiào qǐle yáogǔn, 

我兴高采烈地跳起了摇滚,

I happily jumped to rock and roll, 


jì néng yúlè shēnxīn, 

既能娱乐身心,

which can both entertain my body and mind, 


yòu néng duànliàn shēntǐ, 

又能锻炼身体,

and exercise my body. 


yījǔliǎngdé.

一举两得。

It kills two birds with one stone.


Tiào wán wǔ, 

跳完舞,

After dancing, 


wǒ wǎng jiā zǒu, 

我往家走,

I walked home 


túrán xiǎngqǐ bèi lěngluòle bàntiān er de shǒujī, 

突然想起被冷落了半天儿的手机,

and suddenly remembered the phone that had been left out for a long time. 


jímáng gǎn huí jiā, dǎkāi yīguì, shǒujī hái zài, 

急忙赶回家,打开衣柜,手机还在,

I hurried home, opened the closet, and the phone was still there. 


wǒ xīnlǐ tàshíle xǔduō.

我心里踏实了许多。

I felt much more at ease.


Wǔ gè xiǎoshí méi pèng tā, 

五个小时没碰它,

I haven't touched it for five hours, 


wǒ xīn kōngxū dé yàomìng, 

我心空虚得要命,

my heart is so empty, 


wǒ juédìng yòng áo zhōu zhè jiàn zuì xiāohào shíjiān de shì lái míbǔ xīnzhōng de kōngxū.

我决定用熬粥这件最消耗时间的事来弥补心中的空虚。

I decided to make up for the emptiness in my heart with the most time-consuming thing.


Shāo shuǐ, 

烧水,

I boiled the water, 


xià mǐ, 

下米,

lowered the rice, 


kànzhe xuěbái de mǐ zài fèiténg de shuǐzhōng fāngǔn, 

看着雪白的米在沸腾的水中翻滚,

and watched the snow-white rice tumbling in the boiling water. 


wūzi lǐ jiànjiàn mímànzhe zhōu de xiāngqì, 

屋子里渐渐弥漫着粥的香气,

The aroma of porridge gradually filled the room. 


wūwài jìngrán chuán láile niǎo de jiào shēng, 

屋外竟然传来了鸟的叫声,

The sound of birds came from outside, 


wǒ de xīn màn man jìngle xiàlái.

我的心慢慢静了下来。

and my heart slowly calmed down.


Yào zài wǎngcháng, 

要在往常,

As usual, 


wǒ yīdìng zǎo dài bù zhùle, 

我一定早待不住了,

I must have been unable to stay any longer, 


diànjìzhe mǒu mǒu zhēntàn de ànjiàn shì bùshì yǒule túpò, 

惦记着某某侦探的案件是不是有了突破,

wondering whether there was a breakthrough in the detective's case, 


kēxuéjiā shìfǒu yǒule zhènjīng shìjiè de fǎ xiàn, 

科学家是否有了震惊世界的发现,

whether the scientist had a discovery that shocked the world, 


cǎipiào dàjiǎng kāile méiyǒu, 

彩票大奖开了没有,

whether the lottery prize was opened, 


qián liǎng tiān de kǒngbù xíjí dàodǐ shì shéi gàn de·····

前两天的恐怖袭击到底是谁干的·····

and who did the terrorist attack two days ago·····


Méiyǒu shǒujī de gānrǎo, 

没有手机的干扰,

Without the interference of mobile phones and living so peacefully, 


shēnghuó zhème ānníng, wǒ túrán yǒule yī zhǒng huíguī shēnghuó de xīnwèi.

生活这么安宁,我突然有了一种回归生活的欣慰。

I suddenly felt a sense of relief to return to life.


Gǎibiān zì “běijīng wǎnbào” wénzhāng “bùyòng shǒujī de yī tiān”, zuòzhě: Zhū zhū xiá

改编自《北京晚报》文章《不用手机的一

天》,作者:珠珠侠

Adapted from the "Beijing Evening News" article "One without a mobile phone"

 Heaven, Author: Zhu Zhu Xia

Full Translation:

A day without a cell phone

The boss got angry during the meeting: "Don't pretend to be serious, I know you are all playing with mobile phones, is that stuff so fun?" The boss pointed at me: "Tell me, what did you watch? It's more interesting than what I said?"

My face flushed, and said, "A young couple took a photo with their mobile phone while driving, they crashed the bridge, they didn't call the police, they got out of the car and took pictures and sent WeChat. Would you like to forward it to you?"

The boss waved his hand: "You guys have all been kidnapped by mobile phones, Do you live like this without being guilty?" A colleague raised his hand: "Boss, I just searched it. It's a mental illness to be inseparable from a mobile phone."

The boss yelled: "If you are sick, you have to be treated!" Then he threw a sentence with a black face: "No one is allowed to bring a mobile phone to the meeting!" The boss was right, especially when I have a smart phone, I became a slave to the phone, I'm numb to everything, I only have my mobile phone in my mind: reading the news once in three minutes; sending on WeChat once in ten minutes; taking pictures before eating; gobble up and eat, and then read WeChat; charging the phone before going to bed······  

The old man takes care of his mobile phone well. Once Amao said to me: "I'm talking to you, why do you always look at your phone?" I blinked at him and said, "Then you take out your phone, let's talk on the phone, and make sure you don't get distracted!" 

Will you die if you leave the phone? Why not try to shut down one day a week? Just do it, just start this week. On Sunday, I wake up at 7 o'clock according to the schedule of elementary school students. After that, I set up my mobile phone first.

In order to prevent my weakness, I found an delicate box, wrapped the phone layer by layer, and placed it solemnly in the box, and kept it at the innermost part of the wardrobe. In order to distract, I decided to go to the park to exercise my stiff limbs, because I have not exercised for a long time since I became addicted to the smartphone.

There are all singing and dancing in the park.

Dancing is my specialty. I happily jumped to rock and roll, which can both entertain my body and mind, and exercise my body. It kills two birds with one stone. After dancing, I walked home and suddenly remembered the phone that had been left out for a long time. 

I hurried home, opened the closet, and the phone was still there. I felt much more at ease. I haven't touched it for five hours, my heart was so empty, I decided to make up for the emptiness in my heart with the most time-consuming thing. I boiled the water, lowered the rice, and watched the snow-white rice tumbling in the boiling water. The aroma of porridge gradually filled the room. 

The sound of birds came from outside, and my heart slowly calmed down. As usual, I must have been unable to stay any longer, wondering whether there was a breakthrough in the detective's case, whether the scientist had a discovery that shocked the world, whether the lottery prize was opened, and who did the terrorist attack two days ago·····

Without the interference of mobile phones and living so peacefully, I suddenly felt a sense of relief to return to life.

HSK 6 lesson 9 audio with pinyin and English translation 👇



#hsk6 #hsk6上  #hsk6StandardCourseTextbook  #hsk6TextBook #hsk6Lesson9

No comments:

Post a Comment

hsk 5 上 lesson 1 with pinyin and English translation

Lesson 1   爱的细节  Details of Love ài de xìjié  爱的细节 Details of love